The Rocky Mountain Raptor Program appears at community events across northeastern Colorado and Southeastern Wyoming 40+ days annually. These events feature disabled raptors who work as “ambassadors” to educate the community about raptors, their habitats and the role raptors serve, as well as the work of the RMRP. These events are informal, allowing you to gaze at the birds as long as you want, and interact with RMRP volunteers and staff to answer any question you may have about the raptors and the work we do.
Many events are free to the public; some may have an admission fee. Visit our events calendar to learn the details of upcoming events!
Look for the RMRP at these events:
- Bath Bird Days, Fort Collins
- On-site open houses, Fort Collins
- Boulder Creek Festival, Boulder
- Local Farmer’s Markets, Fort Collins and Loveland
- Scandinavian Fest, Estes Park
- Steamboat Art in the Park, Steamboat Springs
- Loveland Art in the Park, Loveland
- Scottish Irish Highlands Fest, Estes Park
- Elk Fest, Estes Park
- Owl-O-Ween, Fort Collins
- Owl Be Home for Christmas, Fort Collins
- Wyoming Territorial Prison State Park, Laramie WY
- And more!
At many events you will have the opportunity to purchase unique RMRP and raptor themed merchandise to support the RMRP’s mission and our raptors. Merchandise may also be purchased through this website or at our gift shop.