The Rocky Mountain Raptor Program has many volunteer opportunities. It takes many hands and hearts to care for nearly 300 patients annually.
Our Current Opportunities available are:
- Front Desk Reception - Mondays 8am to 5pm, Wednesday 8am to 1pm, Thursday 8am to 5pm. (minimum of 2 hours, maximum of 9)
- Rodent caretaker - Daily opportunities dependent on your availability and our needs. We can discuss shift options during the interview.
- Special event planning and organizing - Many possible opportunities - Contact us to discuss
- Public outreach help - Many possible opportunities - Contact us to discuss
- Bird Care Volunteer - We are currently accepting applications for 5 bird care openings to start Mid-August 2017. Please read through the application process and submit all items to Lisa@rmrp.org.
Please complete and turn in the RMRP 2016 Volunteer Application. Completed application should be accompanied by a resume, and statement of purpose and submitted to Lisa Winta at Lisa@RMRP.org, or by fax 970-484-7763, or by mail to 2519 S. Shields St., #115, Fort Collins, CO 80526. Your statement of purpose should include: Why you would like this volunteer opportunity. What you hope to gain from this experience. What you hope to contribute to the RMRP. Please also include any additional information. This will be followed by an interview and background check.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at Lisa@rmrp.org or 970-484-7756.
We want to make sure you know what kind of work you will be doing when volunteering to care for the birds at the Rocky Mountain Raptor Program. Therefore all those wishing to start as a bird care volunteer must shadow a two hour shift to start. Please fill out this form to request a shadowing.