At the Rocky Mountain Raptor Program, volunteers are
indispensable to everything we do. Join us!
As a program volunteer you can help provide A Second Chance at Freedom to the hundreds of eagles, owls, hawks and falcons that are injured or suffer illness each year. Volunteers provide healing care, deliver educational programs, offer clerical support, participate in public outreach and help with our day-to-day operations. We are one of the few raptor centers in Colorado in which volunteers handle these amazing predators.
As a volunteer, you will work closely with fun, dedicated individuals to learn as much as you wish about the amazing creatures we work with everyday and ensure you have a rewarding experience as a volunteer. You may select from a long list of volunteer openings that match your experience, available time, goals and interest.
Many volunteers work directly with raptors:
- learn how to clean cages
- learn how to prepare food
- complete daily records about each bird you work with
- interact with and feeding the raptors
- maintain the facility
We have plenty of non-bird-related tasks, including:
- office phone and clerical work
- data entry
- writing (newsletters, public relations, news releases, brochures)
- fundraising support (donor thank you’s & committee work)
- indoor and outdoor maintenance
- special events
- rodent and quail breeding and care
- landscape maintenance
- many other activities
For more information about becoming a Raptor Program volunteer, read through the documents below or call (970)484-7756.